Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Moving to Lanzarote
Posted by: Guillaume ()
Date: October 19, 2006 12:57PM

Hi everyone!

after 2years spent in Ireland i decided i need to get some real sun, so i'll move to Lanzarote next April2007.
I'd like to work in animation (in hotelclub for kids or adult) as i used to do in France. Do you know how to proceed, sending cvs? or wait to be on the spot and look around with my cvs?

i'm learning spanish at the mo, but speak also french italian and obviously english. is it possible to get a job even if i won't be a great spanish speaker?
also seems ther's a huge english/irish/whatever english speaker population, it's because you prefer stay with your fellows? or is it hard to mix with the spanish population ?

Any help is welcome! enjoy the sun, because here, i mean in cork it's f***ing raining again ... winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moving to Lanzarote
Date: October 19, 2006 06:36PM

good one!
i start applying now
and on the place is it possible to look for this kind of job as well ?

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 19, 2006 11:00PM

Hi Guillame. Congratulations on making what will prove to be a fantastic move for you! My man and I have just done it, and can highly recommend it. We did it by just getting here and hitting Lanzarote hard (although we made a few friends in this forum before we moved... that have proved invaluable... but check another thread for that... I'll be posting a thank you very soon!).

If you need any help... just drop me an email at elle@elledraper.com and we'll see what we can do to help you. I was a recruiter for many years... so might be able to swing something for you. No promises... but you never know.

Hugs, Elle xx

Date: October 26, 2006 06:30PM

i checked on first choice, and there actually job ads online, i'm trying to fill in a cv on, but it's taking ages! maybe it's for discourage people to apply! but not me! good tip anyway

Elle, i'll try to send u a cv asap, so you can tell me if i've to make any correction, and maybe tell me what u think through recruiter's eyes

many thanks to all for your replies

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 27, 2006 04:19PM

No problem Guillaume, I'm always happy to help out when I can.

Hugs, Elle xx

Date: December 30, 2006 02:04AM

hi
it's been a while i haven't been around
just sayin thx to celtigirl, i'll have a interview with first choice in january, to work as kid rep or whatever else in animation, cool so,
i'll let u know later about what happen
thx again, for those who are enjoying sun sea etc, well... enjoy!
hopefully i will be doing the same in a couple of months
and if anybody knows anything about what's an assessment day in first choice, please let me know!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum