Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Where can I get...?
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 10, 2006 09:17PM

Hola.

There seems to be a lack of tortilla wraps on the island. I have seen them in Vivo's... but nowhere in the southern end. Does anyone know different?

Also craving... HOT chillies (fresh, or jar is fine), oh and decent soured cream too!

Any help would keep my cravings under control, me fed and happy, and Alan safe from my boring moaning!

Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where can I get...?
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: November 11, 2006 02:30PM

Hmmm...........cravings eh!!

Something you not telling us Elle ?????

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 14, 2006 04:18PM

Nope - vivos only decent sized supermarket on the island pretty much. Nothing in the south at all!

Date: November 14, 2006 05:57PM

Cheers Will. Met up with Biffa for a quick drink last night... and he's given me the name of "Kings Foods" that supply to the restaurants. Am having a little trouble tracking them down... but I'm sure I'll find them.

By the way... they're building an FT hypermarket down here at the moment. If it's an FT like in Tias... then it should be good for Playa Blanca. Wonder if they'll play Wham in the car park?

Hugs, Elle

PS Lynne... I've got enough on my plate with Alan's boys during the school holidays - I'm not feeling broody at all lol. Hope you're ok hon xx

Date: November 15, 2006 03:32AM

Directions to King's Food for Elle

I know you know how to get to the English supermarket in Playa Honda so you should find Kings very easily.

Come out of English supermarket and turn right (heading for playa Honda) when you get to the little roundabout - turn right. You now have the tyre place on your left and a wholesale hotel suppliers on your right. After them you have a bit of waste land on your right and King's Foods is the next thing on your right. It is facing you with a HUGE sign so even Alan should be able to find it.

Coming from Ropers roundabout (DON'T mention Roper's roundabout !!) come round the back of the warehouses as if you were heading to San Bart/ English supermarket. There is a short steep rise in the road and King's foods is on the corner, on your left, at the top of the rise.

Basically, it's at the back of Mega centre.

Lynne

Date: November 15, 2006 11:43AM

Thanks Wilst. Got your email too, this morning, and have rattled on a bit on there lol. But then I'm not known for keeping stuff to a few simple words lol.

Cheers, Lynne. Actually went IN the Mega Centro for the first time a couple of days ago... oh my god... what an Aladdin's cave that place is! I'm sure we'll be able to find Kings Foods now too, yes, despite Alan's sense of direction. Bless him... I shouldn't tease... he's much better than me! I'm terrible. But we seem to be finding our way around quite confidently now. The tip you gave us when we first met was the best... "If you get lost... just head for the airport... and then you can find anything!" Oh, and I'm not sure if you saw it on another post or not... but could you put a collection box to one side for me? We'll grab it in the next couple of weeks.

Hugs to you both, Elle

Date: November 16, 2006 01:37AM

Elle

Still in UK and things not going good.

If you (or anyone else from the Playa Blanca area) want a SARA collection box,
Angie at Montana Pools has kindly agreed to distribute boxes on production of a business card or other ID. Pop and see her.

Cheers

Lynne

Date: November 16, 2006 12:26PM

Thanks Pastinaca. I'll give that supermarket a try, and also the Chinese place in Arrecife.

Yes, thought about growing our own... I'd probably kill it though - I'm not very green fingered. Hang on... if it worked... we could sell them as "Elle Paso" Foods! ;-)

Cheers Lynne, yes I'll swing by Angie's soon.

Hugs, Elle xx

Date: November 16, 2006 07:25PM

Ha ha ha ha, cheeky mare, Angie! They're not hot enough though!

Date: November 17, 2006 07:15PM

Am now the proud owner of a jar of chillies! grinning smiley

Cheers guys!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum