Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What a shame
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: December 11, 2006 12:25AM

I've just had an interesting conversation with Coaty in Private Messages and I realised that it is such a shame we live in a world where we are hesitant to divulge our details on the web.

I dropped my usual guard and revealed my full name and address here in the UK as Coaty wanted to send a cheque for SARA.

It turns out that Coaty and I are less than 19 miles away from each other at the moment and we have both frequented the same watering hole from time to time. Coaty worked in the same place as my father and knew my uncle very well.

Such a shame we can't be open on the web.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What a shame
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: December 11, 2006 02:54AM

Hi Lynne. Alan and I have been communicating with Coaty via email for some time - and absolutely agree! He's a real honey - even if he has a deranged dog lol.

Yes, it is a real shame that we are all so wary online. Unfortunately there are some nasty people around who prey upon people or put them in awkward situations.

We have this forum to thank (and particularly the people in here that have been open and honest) for Alan and I being able to settle in so well on this island.

We count those people as friends now... and we always hope that others will feel comfortable enough to join in.

Hugs as always... Elle & Alan xxx

Date: December 11, 2006 03:08AM

Oh and PS: Coaty... we still think that Dan's deranged (albeit very lovely)... so don't go letting your ego run away with itself! Just because Lynne, Alan and I like you, doesn't mean you're normal. I mean come on... you wear Avon Skin So Soft!
PPS: Give your deranged boy a big tickle behind the ears from his Aunty Elle and Uncle Alan... you know he'll love it!

Date: December 11, 2006 12:38PM

I'm Elle Draper (35), I hail from Portsmouth, and now live in Playa Blanca. Together with Alan (my hubby) who is 43, we run a Web Design/e-marketing company.

Posted by: KarenLeeds ()
Date: December 11, 2006 12:49PM

Karen, 26, born in Croydon, raised all over the place (Army brat) and now living in Leeds. I'm a nightclub manager, and harbour desires to give it all up to live the simple life in Lanz.

Date: December 11, 2006 01:42PM

Not quite sure how to take that Angie! lol

I also forgot to say who I live with - mental housemate Lorraine, her 3 year old son Liam for half of the week, and my two cats Archie (gay) and Delilah (the devil incarnate).

Date: December 11, 2006 01:47PM

Absolutely right, Angie! I will hang my head in shame.

Here's a pic for anyone who wants a gander at our little boy!

Date: December 11, 2006 07:35PM

We're close too. Just up the road from the Corbetta. And Alice (new member here) is 4 doors up from us. We're very happy in Playa Blanca.

Date: December 12, 2006 12:39PM

Alan is now officially senile!

Date: December 12, 2006 03:52PM

ooops........sorry I started this

I'm older than all of you!! Yikes!!!

Date: December 12, 2006 07:08PM

Ted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> EG "During the war"
>
> old uncle Ted!

Hey you....... I'm not THAT old !!!

Date: December 12, 2006 07:17PM

Does that make me the baby of the bunch then?

Date: December 12, 2006 07:48PM

I think Alice is the youngest (20? 21?), but she hasn't popped onto this thread yet. Alice and I will drag her in, kicking and screaming!
Enjoy your date tonight, Karen!

Date: December 12, 2006 09:27PM

Elle's been on the "liquid" again Keith I think.....she's seeing double.

Date: December 12, 2006 09:39PM

Oh dear.. I meant Angie! It's all this mixing up of names that me and Alan have been doing today! Grrr!
PS. Nope, not on the sauce yet lol... but pizza's almost cooked (and yes, I DID make it myself!)... and we'll have some whilst we watch a movie.
Catch you all later!
Elle xx

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum