Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Not Happy!
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 04, 2007 01:52AM

Alan's just explained the difference between a vasectomy and a castration.
Oh my (and yes, all you men are now crossing your legs aren't you?)... Why can't the doggies just have a vasectomy?

And yes, I absolutely agree with sterilising the animals - but oh dear! My poor little boy's going to be poorly!

Erm... Lynne... help!!! Tell me how to make him feel better! (No rubbing suggestions though, thanks!)

Oh, and also... Guido has the cutest little tuft on the end of his tail. It's almost a spiral - and Alan wants to cut it off (the tuft, not the tail)... but I say "NO!!!" Is is so wrong to keep my boy cute looking?

From a concerned Mummy

PS: Do they sell nappies, baby food, and SMA milk in Lanzarote?

Re: Not Happy!
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: January 04, 2007 01:21PM

Elle,

Male dogs are castrated because there is 100% certainty that it has worked.

If they had a vasectomy there are certain tests that need to be done after the operation to be sure that it has worked. These tests are the same as the ones for humans, involving bodily fluids (ask Alan if you don't get my drift !).

I volunteer at SARA and I knuckle down and do anything and everything required including being an Excrement Eradicator. But, a girl has standards, and I would certainly draw the line on performing THAT task !!

Don't worry about Guido. If you drop him off at 8.30 in the morning, when you pick him up at 1pm he will be up and running around. It is a very simple operation and will hardly affect him at all. You probably won't notice any difference apart from a bit of silver spray around his nether regions.

If it really bothers you and you want him to be a bit more macho, treat him to some Neuticles :

[www.neuticles.com]

visit the merchandising mart for the key ring or "Must Have" necklace........

Date: January 04, 2007 01:31PM

Oh god Lynne.... you kill me!!! Laughing our bums off here!

Glad to know he'll be up and about when we pick him up. He'll be getting lots of treats and cuddles whilst he recovers. Poor little mite!

Oh, and as for excrement eradicator... I hope you don't have to do extrusion too!

Love and hugs, Elle xxx

PS: Dottie... Alan knows better than to snip Guido's spiral! winking smiley

Posted by: KarenLeeds ()
Date: January 04, 2007 01:49PM

When I had my boy cat done, he just wanted cuddles for a bit but was up and about straight away....apart from sitting down carefully for a few hours! It's pretty much the same op as what a dog has, so I'm sure Guido will be fine. Just give him lots of hugs and fuss, and hopefully he won't blame you for too long!! :-)

Date: January 05, 2007 03:41PM

Oh absolutely right, Coaty!

He'll forgive us... eventually!

Date: May 23, 2007 07:19PM

Well... all was "sorted" today! He was a bit cross with us - but we seem to have now been forgiven.
He's obviously a little fragile, bless him!
Oh, but we decided not to bother with the neuticles lol
Elle xx

Date: May 23, 2007 09:47PM

Ha ha ha ha ha you two! He wasn't allowed to have it done until he was 7 months old.

He seems to be perking up a bit this evening! Guido, that is, not Alan! tongue sticking out smiley

Just off out... but will catch you later on!

Cuidate!

Date: May 24, 2007 01:00PM

Good morning! And yes, we took him with us last night. We were going to leave him at home... but he was most distressed when we tried (never heard him howl like that befor... broke our hearts) So he trotted along with us. Found him a quiet corner (ish) where he could lick his wounds... and he was happy as Larry! Guido that it - not Alan! tongue sticking out smiley
But erm... yes... he now has nowt clacking against his legs when he runs!
Seamermate - you'll know it's Guido in September, because we'll give you a formal intro. You over with Ash? Or you and the brood here separately?
Cuidate!
Elle xx

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: May 24, 2007 01:08PM

I missed you yesterday Elle...I must have been working in another part of the bulding.
Actually I completely forgot he was due in or I would have popped my head into the clinic with some TLC for him.

Shame you didn't ask for me or we could have had a "natter"

Glad he is feeling himself today!! (comments invitied.......) LOL

Lynne

Date: May 24, 2007 01:25PM

Ah Lynne... i thought you weren't working there yesterday - or of course I would've asked for you. Guido would've loved to have seen his Auntie Lynne too!
Actually I got a little wobbly when we dropped him off, and picked him up... so it was best that we didn't linger.
And yes... he's very much "feeling" himself today.
Alan has agreed to get another doggie too - so once Guido is about 2... we're coming doggie shopping again! Yippee!
Oh yes... and we got Guido's pet passport sorted too - the doggie nurse sorted it all out.
Hope Gunther's feeling better.
Perrito besitos de Guido!

Date: May 25, 2007 06:32PM

Too much what? Beer? Or Bonding? tongue sticking out smiley

We'll track you down in August though! You might even get to meet the mini Gandy men too!

Elle xx

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum