Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Taxes on Cash Prizes
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 04:11PM

I was just looking at a site about sporting activities on Lanzarote, and came across a duathlon event.

No, I won't be entering... I'm extremely unfit lol. But what caught my eye was the small print. It said that local tax would be deducted from the prizes.

Is that normal in Spain? And if so... what happens if you win the Euromillions? I'd like to know - because it must be my turn to win it this coming week - and I need to finalise my shopping list!

Does anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Taxes on Cash Prizes
Date: January 07, 2007 06:29PM

Phew... so I can add my Jimmy Choos to my list then. Do you want anything nice too CG?

But I do have to buy a ticket where I am resident, otherwise I have to collect it from the UK. Mind you, like Alan says... it really wouldn't be a hardship to fly over in a private jet to collect it. It would be a nice problem to have lol. Oh, and I may get taxed on bringing the UK money into Spain.

Re: Taxes on Cash Prizes
Date: January 10, 2007 08:53PM

I haven't won yet! tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum