Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: Lanzaroteisland.com Village
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: January 27, 2007 10:36AM

Right.... who did it? Who brought this blimmin awful weaher here? Thursday was dire, with cold and rain. Yesterday wasn't TOO bad, if a little chilly. But this morning we have woken to a flooded floor in our living room... it's blowing a hooley out there, and still raining!

I'l be watching you lot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 27, 2007 11:06AM

Oh CG... it's really awful (in Lanzarote terms) today. We've got towels blocking up the bottoms of the doors at the moment. Just waiting for the power to go lol.

We're here in jeans, and fleeces. Guido doesn't like it - he hates the wind and rain. Not that it's that windy today, just a bit blustery... but the rain's not nice. The Cabildo has issued storm warnings lol, and warned people to stay indoors. Hmmm... that's a bit like how Southerners grind to a halt with a weeny bit of snow!

Coaty... am off to check my emails smiling smiley

Date: February 05, 2007 11:45PM

Ooh hello! Here I am!

So sorry. have been dealing with a nasty infestationalismthingummyjig. But don't worry - it's all under control now. Flash came round with his zapper... and all was done and dusted.

Am heading to CG's place now for fun and frivolity. Might even catch me up on the karaoke tonight too. Don't get too excited fellas... I can't sing a bloody note. But hey - me & Angie are gonna belt out some Luther Vandross, and put the world to rights.

"Ooh... you're... my.... endless loooooveeee!"

Date: February 06, 2007 06:16PM

Right... details from last night are a little hazy. I vaguely remember Angie singing, and doing air-guitar to "Stairway to Heaven", and PC Coatyless doing the dance of the seven bar towels on the pool table. Oh, and catching madstock up to his elbows in the "punch".

But what happened to my shoes? And why am I wearing the vicar's dog collar?

Ooh my head.... blimmin cocktails!

grinning smiley

Date: February 12, 2007 01:07AM

Well... being a pillar of the community, and wanting to check all was well with our little village... I took it upon myself to don my mining torch (thanks Coaty for the very welcome donation) and took a tour of the local community.

The local pub was busy, as always... thanks CG - keep the Irn Bru flowing... But what do I see here? Will and Karen's place boarded up? With "Condemned" signs on the doors!

What's happening Will? And Karen? Is there something we should know?

I for one was looking forward to the 80's night down ther (without the add-ons thanks very much!)

Sort it out, and let us know what's going on!

Date: February 15, 2007 11:23AM

We watched episode 3 of Shamelss last night, and then a movie called "The Departed". Good movie!

We'll try to swing by tonight for a swift half, and maybe a babycham or 3! winking smiley

Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:20PM

The movie in the discreet brown paper package that was delivered to the Post Office was NOT The Departed.....who are you kidding!!

Not that I opened it or anything.........more than my jobs worth.

And BTW, there is ANOTHER package waiting here for collection. Not a video this time, can´t tell what it is but there is a strong smell of rubber and it clinks a lot.

I don´t know what the Womens Institute will have to say about this!!

Date: February 22, 2007 08:39PM

Great to see you back Flash. I've got a screw loose - and it needs sorting!

Shame about Vanessa... but hey I'm sure she'll work it to her benefit.

Do you have nay idea why Will and Karen's place is boarded up still?

I won the euromillions last Friday - so am buying the drinks tonight... so who's coming in?

Date: February 22, 2007 11:17PM

Rightyho!

Who's on Karaoke tonight then? Personally I can't sing a note... but I don't mind belting out a few Hot Chocolate numbers for you all.

Oh, and I see CG has got her new Plasma screens in... ready for the sports fans. I do hope you're not putting them in both bars CG. Let's leave the footie fans i with the tatty chairs and dodgy pool table - they'll only spill beer all over it in their excitement.

I'll stick to the lounge bar thanks... at least until the karaoke starts... and I can laugh at the wannabees. Ok... well I'll start the ball rolling anyway... "Ooh you make me li-i-ive!"

Date: February 22, 2007 11:55PM

Letter from America? Oh god... that's gonna stick in my head! Oh well, at least it's not "WELL I WOULD WALK FIVE HUNDRED MILES...."!!!

Date: February 23, 2007 12:10AM

a little bit of "Hot Stuff" from me.

Date: February 23, 2007 12:13AM

and "Who let the dogs out" from Coaty, then.

Date: February 23, 2007 12:14AM

How´s about " Ain´t Misbehavin" from Angie

Date: March 05, 2007 12:56AM

A huge apology to CG... but as the vicar and I have been working so hard lately... her profits seem to have gone down the drain.

We'll sort it out, and be back to making up for 95% of her turnover very soon!

Date: March 05, 2007 11:57PM

Oh by the way CG.... Phil at the Wax bar has bought in WKD Irn-Bru because I told him about your preference lol. Let us know next time you're headed to Playa Blanca, and he'll get a crate or 10 in for you winking smiley he said he'll drink it if you don't anyway. I still haven't tried it myself, as it wasn't in the fridge when we got there... but I'll be sampling it soon lol.

Right... for now though... got a Vodka and Sprite? I'm feeling a thirst!

Date: March 07, 2007 09:46PM

Blue plasters..........obligatory Coaty in the catering trade (just incase they get lost in the "Dish of the Day"winking smiley

Date: March 11, 2007 11:55PM

We are having a lock in at the post office. I am showing various "films" that have arrived for the vicar and charging a small fee. Buffet and drinks provided.

Got to do something to suppliment my government wages especially as they are threatening to close down the small sub post offices !!

Room for a few more in the cheap seats at the back.

Date: March 13, 2007 12:38AM

Apparently there is a Birthday party on tonight in the next village. I think you´ll find some have gone there.

Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum