Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pet hates
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 07, 2007 10:15PM

I have two things that really bug me in restaurants

1) is when you have hardly finishing chewing your first course and "voila" they bring in the next course. I like to relax between courses and have a leisurely, social evening. I know the restaurant may need the table (and if so we wouldn´t spend so much time there) but when there is plenty of space, and they are obviously not so busy, why do they try to rush you so.

2) I have had soooo many contretemps with waiters I have lost count re my next pet hate. I am a slow eater and I really "lose it" if the waiter clears anybody elses plate before I have finished eating. Grrr... I´m getting annoyed just thinking about it.

Going back to point 1)........We like such a long break between courses, believe it or not, we have just had our Christmas pudding tonight and it was scrumptious (bang goes the diet!!!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pet hates
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: February 07, 2007 11:13PM

I know Coaty.........I maybe green but I´m not THAT cabbage looking.

To make matters worse I´ve just noticed it was left over from LAST Christmas.
The one for this Christmas is still in the cupboard. Along with a Christmas cake and some mince pies!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:42AM

I'm a slow eater too - and I like to savour my food... not have it shoved at me at the rate of knots... and then feel that I'm being rushed afterwards.

Mind you, I finished my dinner first tonight... and I'd cleared away, and had a ciggie before Alan had finished lol.

It was fajitas tonight.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: February 09, 2007 01:19AM

Don't worry, he's already thought of that, Keith lol.

Welcome home hon.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum