Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
200 words for being drunk
Posted by: KarenLeeds ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:26PM

More useless crap for you lot to have a giggle at...

There are more slang words for inebriation than there are for any other word in the English language. From that very first magical day when a group of peasants sat by the fire and got lamped with some special-brew they'd been working on for weeks, to today's times of cheap cider round the back of the bike sheds. Being drunk has so many words from all over the world.
The word 'Drunk' is special because you can use absolutely ANY word to replace it.

"I got absolutely ........ last night"

Fill in any word, and people will know what you mean!!!!

Ankled (Bristol), Arseholed, Annihilated

Badgered, Banjaxed, Battered, Bastardised, Befuggered, Bernard Langered, Be- Jesused, Bladdered, Blasted, Blathered, Bleezin, Blitzed, Blootered, Blottoed, Blown off the Trail (U.S), Bluttered, Boogaloo, Bolloxed, Boshdied, Brahms & Liszt, Brutal, Buckled, Burlin

Cabbaged, Chevy Chased, Clobbered, Creamed (Barnsley), Cunted, Cut

Decimated, Devastated, Devo'd, Dot Cottoned, Druck-steaming, Drunk as a Lord, Drunk as a skunk

Etched

Fucked, Fecked, Fleemered (Germany), Four to the floor, Four Sheets To The Wind (Bradford?), Ferschtinkernerd (Germany)

Gatted, Goosed, Got my beer goggles on, Guttered (Inverness)

Had a couple of shickers, Hammer-blowed, Hammered, Hanging, Having the whirlygigs, Howling

Inebriated, Intoxicated

Jahalered, Jaiked up (West of Scotland), Jan'd - abbrev for Jan Hammered, Jaxied, Jeremied, Jolly, James Blunted

Kaned

Lagged up, Lamped, Langered (Ireland) [also langers, langerated], Laroped, larrupt, Lashed, Leathered, Legless, Liquored up (U.S), Loaded, Locked, Locked out of your mind (Ireland), Loo la, Loony-tooned.

Mad wey it, Mandoo-ed, Mangled, Manky, Mashed, Meff'd, Merl Haggard, Merry, Minced, Ming-ho, Minging, Moired, Monged, Mongmashed, Monkey-full, Mortal, Mottled, Mullered

Newcastled, Nicely irrigated with horizontal lubricant

Off me pickle, Off me trolley, On a campaign, Out of it, Out yer tree, Off Your Tits

Paggered, Palintoshed, Paraletic, Peelywally, Peevied, Pickled, Pie-eyed, Pished, Plastered, Poleaxed, Pollatic, Pissed, Punished

Rat-legged (Stockport), Rat- arsed, Rat- faced, Ratted, Ravaged, Razzled, Reek-ho, Rendered, Rosy glow, Rubbered, Ruined

Saying hello to Mr Armitage, Scattered, Schindlers, Schwasted (U.S), Screwed, Scuttered (Dublin), Shedded [as in " My shed has collapsed taking most of the fence with it"], Slaughtered, Shitfaced, Sloshed, Smashed, Snatered (Ireland), Snobbled (Wales), Sozzled, Spangled, Spannered, Spiffed, Spongelled, Spongebobbingly Squarepantsed, Squiffy, Steamin, Steampigged, Stewed, Stocious, Stonkin

Tanked, Tankered, Tashered, Tipsy, Trashed, Trannied Trollied, Troubled, Trousered, Twatted,Twisted

Wankered, Warped, Wasted, Wellied, With the fairies, Wired, Wrecked

Zombied

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 200 words for being drunk
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: March 29, 2007 05:26PM

Excellent post, Karen! I was going through all sorts of words and spotting if they were there - I could only find a couple that weren't... "Shanted", and "off me 'ead" (aka "off me nut"winking smiley

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:10AM

Right little raver aren't you elle!!! Pretty sure to be off one's head is a more drug related state of mind rather than alcohol induced....!!!

Date: March 30, 2007 12:53PM

Oh my, Will, no!!! Strictly the vino for me... oh and maybe a bit of sambuca lol

Date: March 30, 2007 01:24PM

Did you get my pm?

And whats with the Ehh emm business - you got something stuck?!

Date: March 30, 2007 01:29PM

Hi Will... no I'm very remiss at checking my PMs - I'll go have a look.

And "Ehe eh ehmmm" is from Little Britain winking smiley Think David Walliams in a dress lol

Date: March 30, 2007 01:53PM

Ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks Flash!! Almost right... only we don't use the word "premier"... we let people judge for themselves... and judging from our current workload - they are - and they're liking what they're receiving!

Anyway... enough chit-chat for me... I've got loads to do. Catch you guys later on.

xxxx

Date: March 30, 2007 01:59PM

Sorry - don't watch little britain - found it funny the first time but the next 15 episodes weren't really necessary!!! Gosh aren't I a misery guts today!!

Exactly its all about perception - sponsoring a charity and letting other people make their own minds up about a company Versus carpet bombing every possible lanzarote outlet with unwanted and unpaid for advertising as well as unfounded self worth... hmmm!!

Old weatherman wants to call in Max Clifford to spin it around - though he's not free!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum