Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hi Honeys... I'm ho-ome!
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 11:20PM

Arrived back from a ver wet England this evening. Didn'6t take a brolly - my mistake. But it was lovely to spend time with the greatest of friends (albeit very short time).

Have stuffed ourselves silly with BBQ nosh, and am now having a nice drinkie. The lads are all bouncing in the pool... and poor Guido doesn't know what's hit him!

Catch you guys later!

Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi Honeys... I'm ho-ome!
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: July 18, 2007 11:37PM

Welcome Back Hon

Posted by: sirharry ()
Date: July 19, 2007 10:23PM

Lucky bugger, I can not get back until 6th August...pissing down here.

Harry

Date: July 20, 2007 02:20PM

Thanks guys - it sure is good to be back home!

Poor Harry! Not long now though eh - count those sleeps! How long are you over for this time hon?

Elle xx

Date: July 20, 2007 02:27PM

Elle,

It rained this morning like you can not believe...Kingston was flooded and here in Hampton Wick, our mews flooded and 2 of had to don our shorts and go out in the rain and bucket the water out onto the road to stop the studios being flooded. Mad and they now say we will get 2 months rain over the next 48 hours...

And it will rain most of the summer....back over in around 2 weeks for around a month....lovely...

Coming back here just confirms how lovely Lanzarote is and how friendly people are.

Harry

Date: July 20, 2007 02:39PM

That's because it rained on St Swithin's day!

Well... keep counting the days - and maybe we'll see you on Playa Bastian for a BBQ!

Elle xx

Date: July 20, 2007 06:54PM

what a lovely idea Elle.....

BBQ..........can just smell the sausages and a nice glass of cold wine...

oooohhh errrrrrrrr

I like to be somewhere happening...but London is so noisy.

Do you come to Playa Bastian much????

Have a great weekend....hopefully going out on my Bike (motor) with my lovely girlfriend on Sunday if it does not piss down.

Let's hope.

Harry

Date: July 20, 2007 08:44PM

Hope the roads aren't too wet for the bike. BE CAREFUL!!!

yes, we pootle past Playa Bastian once or twice a week. The offer stands if you're in Playa Blanca too.

have a good weekend!

Elle xx

Date: July 21, 2007 11:11AM

Whatever they say about you Elle, is just not true....you are the best.

Sun out this morning here....so that is something.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for kind offer.

Harry
x

Date: July 21, 2007 11:49AM

Ha ha ha ha! People say a lot about me. And it's all true - especially the bad stuff! tongue sticking out smiley

Glad you have a little sunshine. It's going to be another hot one today here... but there's a stiff breeze, which should take the edge of it. Think we're heading to El Golfo today (the lads' favourite beach)

Elle xx

Date: July 23, 2007 05:30PM

I know Elle...I have all the info smiling smiley

Great day yesterday...40 odd of us on Harley's headed for food and drink at Devils Dyke and the sun stayed out all day....raining today though. Hope El Golfo went OK.

One of the key things I love about Lanzo is few mosies and the breeze, as I hate air con.

Be there soon keep the beers cool.

Harry
xx

Date: July 23, 2007 06:13PM

Yes, the breeze is great - but I hate the mozzies. Lots of garlic in our diet, which helps a fair bit. The poor boys have been eaten alive since arriving though... so it's garlic bread with everything for them now lol.

Devil's Dyke eh? Great fun! I went out with a biker yeas ago... and we used to go up there quitea bit. Great lanes around Waltham Chase and Wickham in hants too. Happy days!

Yes, El Golfo was fun. Turned back on Saturday, as it was far too windy and was whipping up grit into our faces. So went yesterday instead. Water wasn't as cold as I expected either - which was a bonus.

Everyone else is in the pool at the moment. I'm fancying an ice cold beer now (thanks to you). Right... ALAN!!!

Elle grinning smiley

Date: July 24, 2007 09:53AM

You have a lovely sense of humour Elle. We don't get tooo many mozzies in PB sometimes none...but a few after a rainy spell or say xmas. a few plug ins and the fans normally deal with the little buggers. lovely to hear that you were once a`biker chic..we went to Gosport a couple of months back and that was also a lovely run.

Pissed down again yesterday and we near the Thames are all on flood alert again..mad times.

Looking forward to that nice cold beer, not to mention the wine.

Right better get up and running and into the studio, won't get much of a tan, but at least I will be dry.

Have a great day.

Harry
xx

Date: July 24, 2007 12:55PM

Oh my god! Gosport?! That's where I grew up (should I have admitted that out loud lol?). My family still live there. Bridgemary to be exact - chav central. Not that we were chavs of course! Some would say I'm quite posh (ok... one would, and he is deranged).

I'm not surprised you get fewer mozzies in Playa Bastian - it's a bit windier up there isn't it? Must admit, the little buggers have disappeared over the last day or so, so all's cool. or maybe it's the green garlic cloud surrounding our villa that's done it.

Anyway... gotta run now too... got a friend arriving from England today (she texted at 5am to say she had beer and gin - my god, she's mad!) and we'lll have a houseful.

Ciao for now!

Elle xx

PS. Have fun in the studio. Is your machine a "Solid State Logic"?

Date: July 24, 2007 03:20PM

Because you're dangerous on two legs... let alone two wheels! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 25, 2007 09:47AM

You never told me Elle....so many mysteries about you...we all went down to Gosport on a ride and then went to see the submarine...quite interesting. Chavs....you make me laugh...am sure you are not. Mozzies do my head in, I did not notice a few years back a lot of lies on the seafront on Playa Banca...not nice at all...may have been an odd time. Although we get few mozzies..toying with the idea of puting netting on the windows...keep all sorts of crap out.

Hope you had some good drinks with your friends...I was out last night with a rock group who do like the odd drink...was on the Magners....feel a tad worse for wear this morning..hair of the dog one feels.

Not sure I would want a bike in Lanzo...greta place, but drivers are bloody mad, and I have no intention of being killed by bike...drink, drugs and sex maybe but not some your fool knocking me off smiling smiley

oooohh you are a clever beeeee SSL.....(tell me more)...had one of those..cost hundreds of thousands but today not needed..we have the new mackie digital desk, does the same as a big SSL for peanuts.

Did you work in a studio??? or something....

Tatata for now.

Harry

Date: July 25, 2007 12:06PM

Lol... no didn't work in a studio... SSL used to be a Client at a previous Company. Good bunch of guys down there. It was the Oxford site I used to account manage. They're now called Red Lion 49 (I think that number's right), and Peter Gabriel has joint ownership of them, with a guy from somewhere in the East. Others in your industry have told me that SSL's desks were the best of their time... but last I heard, the Company wasn't doing so well. Hope your Magners head shifts soon - dodgy stuff that cider.

Oh dear Coaty - your fingers aren't quite so green then eh? Keep at it hon!

Have a good day chaps!

Elle xx

Date: July 25, 2007 03:59PM

Nope - Cafe del mar is still closed at the moment. We went down there l;ast weekend.... and the pool inside it is empty. There's also no chairs and tables in there.

Sorry!

Elle xx

Date: July 26, 2007 07:44PM

Hi Elle,

Pissing down here today..but in the studio so don't care.

Yes SSL were and are still great desks but very expensive and need to be kept cold by air con 24/7 so also expensive to run...

A band I managed had one a few years back...paid #250,000 for it and sold it 5 years later for #30,000.

The new digital desks are around #20,000 and do exactly the same (within reason) that a #250,000 one did.

There are only really 2 great desks SSL and more favoured in USA Neve which is very much a rock and roll desk.

Can not wait to get back...feel like a duck here.

Hope all is well with you.

Harry
xx

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum