Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Foster Family Wanted
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: July 23, 2007 07:43PM

Hi,

There is a wonderful family who have agreed to adopt two of the dogs from SARA and take them back to the UK.
They were determined to adopt one of our "less adoptable" dogs so they could give it a new life on their farm in the UK. They have four dogs already so it would have plenty of playmates.
They understand the quarantine regulations and know it is going to cost a lot of money to keep this dog here on the island for over six months whilst it serves it's quarantine. This cost they have budgeted for and are prepared to pay.
The problem now is, they have fallen in love with ANOTHER dog and want to take it back with them as well. This has now doubled their expenditure and I would like to try and help them as much as I can.

So, I am looking for a "foster family" for one or both of the dogs for apprx six months ideally but any amount of time would help them and reduce kennel fees etc.
One of the dogs is about the size of a Labrador and has been in the shelter for over 2 years. (You can see why we would like this dog to be re-homed). She is soooo friendly and it is amazing that she hasn't been adopted before now.The other is a small dog, a caniche poodle mixture and very cute and cuddly.
Ideally the large dog (neutered bitch) should have either a large garden or someone prepared to walk it frequently and the small one just needs a place to lay it's head.

Would anyone be prepared to help this family out (and ultimately help the dogs).

Please post on here or send me an email to sarashelter@hotmail.com

Thank you
Lynne

Re: Foster Family Wanted
Posted by: Lynne ()
Date: July 24, 2007 07:10PM

Well..........Good news.

We have found a foster family for the little one.

It would be nice if we could find the same for the other one but I know this will be more difficult.

Still...............50% is not bad going.

Lynne

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum