Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We're moving back to the UK. sad smiley
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: October 01, 2007 07:02PM

Ha ha ha ha... not really!!!

But we've just come across an advert for the Pizza Hut pizzas with what looks like rolls, stuffed with cheese around the crust. Looks gorgeous!

So yes, please one stuffed into a suitcase would be great thanks! grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Out for dinner tonight - so will let you know tomorrow what it's like.

Elle xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We're moving back to the UK. sad smiley
Date: October 01, 2007 07:37PM

Lol CG - rub it in why don't you?

Hey Tony - just don't wrap it in your undies eh?

Date: October 03, 2007 02:50PM

Lol CG... we don't have any plans to use it for real winking smiley

Elle xx

PS: Yes as Alan has said, we've been told there's one in Arrecife... so we're going to try to find out if they do these cheesy crusty visions of loveliness in there. Flash - do you want to join us? Just in case we need help! grinning smiley

Date: October 03, 2007 11:39PM

Don't worry Jude - we're on the case! But you can get them at home you jammy mare! Go try one of the pizzas at Charruas in CC Papagayo. Or you can just order them from Wax if you're in there lol. They're damn fine. We love them all! But our favourites so far are at Mamma Rossa up towards the port.

PEOPLE - CAN YOU PEASE STAY AWAY FROM PIZZA HUT IN ARRECIFE - WE DON'T WANT TO BE BUMPING INTO YOU IN THE QUEUE, AND YOU NICKING OUR STUFFED CRUST CHEESY GOODNESS HEAVEN ON A PLATE WITH A BURNT THROAT PIZZA OKAY?!

LOL.

Elle xx

Date: October 04, 2007 12:27AM

Oh... the days of Domino's. i used to always use them in Southampton - then I went back to my PO postcods to Portsmouth... and fell for Speedy Pizza. Crap pizza - but for 2 medium pizzas, garlic bread or chicken wings or potato wedges (with dips may I hasten to add) AND a bottle of coke! All for £9.99 (don't tell our pete... he'll tell me off for being cheap). We didn't complain!

Must reiterate though... Speedy Pizza was awful! You had to eat it red hot or not at all - or you'd get... actually I'll stop talkng now. I loved them at the time - but could only have fresh baked these days. I do make my own too - always better! I should dig out a recipe for the base and have a go. Alan! Buy me a clay oven will you please?!

Hmmm... in silence came the stern reply.

Elle xx

Date: October 04, 2007 12:54AM

I was about to ask how did you wangle that one... but no... I'd rather do the cooking myself. I actually enjoy it - and we both enjoy the results lol.

Ooh, apart from Chili. Alan makes an awesome chili!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: October 04, 2007 10:29AM

Pizza Hut?! Erggggg!!! Whats wrong with Artista in PB - or anywhere?

If you want a load of stale bread with cheese substitute smeared all over the top and reconstituted pork masquerading as pepperoni come round to the La Perla car park and will whisk something up from the dustbins.....

Date: October 04, 2007 01:27PM

LMAO Will! Yes, absolutely, but we can eat those gorgeous pizzas anytime - and we do! I just saw the advert - and that stuffed cheese crust looked damn fine. I will not rest until I have tried it, decided that PB's pizzas are STILL the best, and gone back to my sane self. winking smiley Note that my post above mentions that Speedy pizzas etc are rubbish too.

Elle xx

Date: October 09, 2007 09:42PM

It's okay Phil - you can join us too if you like winking smiley

Elle xx

Date: April 17, 2008 02:05AM

Update on this. A large number of us have all been disappointed that it is only the one in the airport.

Still haven't tried a stuffed crust.

But...

Had a really good pizza from Limones 34 the other evening. Real jalapeños. But the good thing was the cheese. Whereas La Rustica put too much of the claggy stuff on - Limones pizza used very little cheese, but it was very strong tasting. Almost mature cheddary. We really enjoyed it, and will definitely be getting take out from there again.

Mamma Rossas forgot the anchovies of my last pizza - so i wasn't best pleased. "Pizza marinara con anchoa por-fa-vor!"

Oh and Portofinos out the back of the Deiland was very good too. Fab chilli oil ready to be poured all over it. We went for lunch with another forum member and his lady recently.

Sounds like all we eat is pizza doesn't it? But no - probably about once a fortnight I guess. Had homemade stew and dumplings tonight - a taste of England eh.

Elle xx

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum