Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

Other stuff on Lanzarote 
Raising Money For Children In Need
Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: November 15, 2007 03:40PM

Guys... by signing up for a free weekly newsletter you can contribute to the well known children's charity.

Click this link [www.moneysavingexpert.com] to sign up... and they will donate 50 pence for you. This has to be done by Sunday though.

Every little helps eh? Plus you'll get a weekly email full of money saving tips - such as ways to get cheaper flights to the Canary Islands, which can't be bad.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raising Money For Children In Need
Posted by: s5hez ()
Date: November 15, 2007 05:44PM

Just done it Elle, great way of raising extra money for a very good cause smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2007 05:46PM

Cheers s5hez. I've bombarded a load of forums this afternoon with it.

Elle xx

Date: November 15, 2007 06:09PM

tongue sticking out smiley lol Tony

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 16, 2007 12:04PM

Plus its a cracking website to boot!

You've been quiet Elle! Busy girl at the mo?

Date: November 16, 2007 01:29PM

Yes Will... very busy at the moment, but we're not complaining. You out again in December again? Did I read that somewhere? Give the Romanian restaurant by Natura Palace a try - we went last night... it's very good! And then go down the stairs to Manea (The white bar). Gorgeous setting!

Elle xx

Date: November 16, 2007 02:15PM

Cheers Angie. Yes, I've added the facebook app (thanks to you) and then bombarded pretty much every forum worth posting in that I'm a member of. Only had one shi**y reply - and that wasn't worth replying to. Pfft!

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 16, 2007 03:19PM

Nah - am going to Lille instead! Going out of the funky new Eurostar terminal at St Pancras which is awesome!

Date: November 17, 2007 02:44PM

Yes Tony. It's in that little parade between Natura Palace, and Rubicon Palace. Do try their stuffed eggs, or homemade pate for starters... the pate is REALLY creamy! I had mititei for main - which is veal, pork and goat sausages... much like the spicy Greek sausages. It came with fries, which I didn't particularly enjoy. Alan had veal, which melted in the mouth, and our two friends had cabbabe rols... which again were lovely - but I wasd glad I chose what I did. €110 for 4 of us (including a tip), and that was for a starter each, main course eac, 2 desserts, and two rounds of drinks. Oh yeah... and the glasses of wine are more lie buckets - which of course pleased me!

Manea Bar is just stunning. Inside is like being in an ice-cave. Outside is lots of low comfy seating, and hanging chairs (I don't know what you would call them). The spirits were around €7 - but they were premium spirits. Wine and beer was extremely reasonable considering the stunning surroundings. Just come out of the restaurant, and go down the stairs. It's there on the left. Real grass in there too. I resisted the urge to run barefoot around it winking smiley We'll definitely be going there more often.

Elle xx

Date: November 17, 2007 03:15PM

Yes, sounds like the place Flash. It's only been open 5 months apparently. It as dead when we arrived at around 8:30... but by 9:30 was starting to fill up a bit.

The Italian is the other side of the stairs. But yes, maybe Transylvania used to be an Italian too - I can't remember... sorry.

Elle xx

Date: December 03, 2007 05:54PM

Glad you liked it Tony. We popped in again last week, and partook of a little refreshment (as you do).

Elle xx

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum