Home > Forum about Lanzarote

Forum about Lanzarote

Forums: Lanzarote | Miscellanea | Work | old forum

Register

Miscellanea Forum

fav radio djs
Posted by: megan1 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 11:53PM

Hello, as we dont have local english tv stars here i thought why not do a favourite radio dj survey, as far as i know there are 3 brit stations in lanzarote buzz ukaway and powerfm, not sure if power is still broadcasting, but anyway as a resident like lots of people i spend hours listening to the local radio, you have leroy, phil dale, scotty silver, paz man, jules trigger danny bagley angie, sandy jo norfolk etc etc but who are the most entertaining, ive gotta go with ukaways scotty or scottie and phil dale, but must say jules has a good dj voice

Big thankyou to the djs above for making days at work that little bit better

megan

Re: fav radio djs
Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: November 19, 2007 12:28PM

Must admit most of the ones I have heard are absolutely awful!! Too much talk and not enough music. Just want to d o shout outs and hear the sound of their own voices.

Heard a few good ones when we were over recently but can't remember names! Found buzz for the first time! Was good!

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:00PM

I think coty you are talking about qfm, someone did mention about the music being boring, i work on ukaway and have worked at powerfm, gotta say powerfm is boring as its a playlist, but on ukaway requests are played, there is a chart show and the djs are encouraged to entertain, i love the job, got top notch stars willing to be interviewed, its ok....have a listen 4-6 mon 2 fri www.ukawayfm.com

Posted by: Elle1971 ()
Date: December 01, 2007 11:49AM

Scotty's worth a listen Al. He gets some good guests on there too at times. smiling smiley

Coaty - It was "Police" night in wax last night. One of their live concerts was playing when we got there after dinner. I share some of your taste... but some of it I haven't heard of - is that because I'm still young? (Elle runs and hides)

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: December 01, 2007 10:55PM

Hi al in macher, no im not the only one here, but i do alot of stuff behind the scenes at ukaway so if someone goes on here or wherever i sometimes pop in and join the debate, and after many years on the radio i would like to think i do an ok job, but i suppose its down to the individual................Coty if you like that kind of music we have a gold show sat and sun nite 8 til 11

Posted by: Will2 ()
Date: December 03, 2007 11:49AM

Yeah but what happens if you don't like the requests people make?!!

In UK get bored becuase the play lists are so narrow - Capital, Virgin, XFM etc the same song will get played 3 times in space of 2 hours.

Plus the adverts on most lanza stations do my nut in.

However found one that picks up the BBC Radio 5 feed on a saturday afternoon for the sport! Was fantastic. COuld have been buzz or Power fm.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

LanzaroteIsland.com is not responsible for the content of the messages on this forum. Comments posted are owned by the person that posts them and we do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LanzaroteIsland.com.

Lanzarote forum by Phorum