Cargando...
LanzaroteIsland.com La guía más completa sobre la isla de Lanzarote
Twitter Facebook YouTube rss feed

Inicio > Foros sobre Lanzarote

Foros sobre Lanzarote

Foros: Lanzarote | Las otras islas | Miscelánea | Trabajo |

Regístrate

Lanzarote

Comentarios, consejos y consultas sobre alojamiento, turismo, ocio, etc. en Lanzarote. 
que pasa con el foro
Enviado por: sonia ()
Fecha: 09-July-2003 14:00

estoy de acuerdo con los que dicen quenadie contesta. por buscar un consuelo prefiero pensar que la gente que nos metemos en este foro, no conocemos la isla y no podemos opinar de nada. pues no conocemos ni lugares ni hoteles nada de nada. pero bueno si hay alguna alma caritativa que este en este foro que conteste alguna pregunta haber si nos puede ayudar

Enviado por: Fendetestas ()
Fecha: 11-July-2003 14:00

Ejemplo de opiniones sobre el Rubicon Palace Si me lo pedís mucho os digo la dirección Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: First Choice-April 2003

Opinion submitted in May 2003 by : Ste & Jen (34,27) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: The holiday was booked on an our choice allocated on arrival basis althouh we did know that it would be a H10 4 star hotel. The cost of the holiday was £380 each which was only £40 more than an apartment. When we arrived at the hotel we couldn't believe our luck! The hotel is extremely large having over 500 bedrooms although there is plenty of space and 5 swimming pools which are interconnected. The reception area was huge with a very efficient check in and help to take the luggage to the room if required. Our room was on the side of the hotel with a King size bed, large bathroom and balcony with a side sea view. Before the holiday we had agreed to eat out on alternative nights as previous experience of hotel food was not good. In the event we ate out once! The food was simply magnificent with a different theme each night and buffet choice. Wine was very reasonable at approx 10 euros per bottle. Breakfast had something for every nationality with quality English breakfast for thoise who cant resist!! The Swimming pools were on the cold side althouh warmed up later in the day and one was heated although still cool. The weather was extremely good with temperatures in the 80's and little breeze. The hotel had activities for the children who were there and the cold pool didnt seem to deter them!. Sunbeds are provide free with cushioning and towels Evening entertainment is low key with a piano bar, Family entertainment centre or English type pub (Called the Beefeater but absolutely no other resemblence!)Prices are very reasonable for the standard of hotel. The hotel is on the sea front and it is a fair walk (45 mins) to the harbour area and resort centre although sometimes needed after dinner!! The resort centre is very picturesque with Bars/restaurants overlooking the sea although not for people looking for a lively night. Taxi's from the hotel to the resort are only 3 euro's for those who don't fancy the walk. The is a boat from the harbour which goes to the beach at Papagayo costing 8 euro's. A speedboat then drops you at the beach and picks you up later. Well worth doing as the sea is lovely and clear and the beach is not too crowded. I would definately recommend this hotel and I will be visiting again!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: first choice-march 2003

Opinion submitted in Mar 2003 by : doreen price-cleveland-(60,57,37,35,31,8,6,5,) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: A beautiful hotel in a lovely setting. Nothing to complain about, very clean, staff were friendly, food was excellent as much as you wanted to eat, (champagne for breakfast if you wanted to) Entertainment staff were first class. Childrens disco and caberet on an evening were very good and well attended which tells you something. Will most certainly be back. If you have booked the Rubicon for your holiday this year I am sure you will enjoy it. We did not want to come home!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Independent-March 2003

Opinion submitted in Mar 2003 by : 57,55 Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Good My/Our Holiday Opinion: Requested an upper floor room when booking, on arrival allocated a ground floor room with the statement that "it's only a request!". That took an hour to sort out, a somewhat indifferent attitude by the reception staff and Duty Manager, I eventually got things moving by paying for a sea view room. The location of your allocated room could vary enormously around the complex, be aware! Our "sea view" room looked over the whole of the complex to the sea in the distance. Apart from a variety of minor faults in the room, some of which were never fixed, the hotel was fine. The food was excellent, wide variety of choices for breakfast and dinner, the chefs deserve a compliment. Hotel facilities were good, very little noise at night,courtesy bus to town (timetable from reception). Housekeeping was excellent, waiter service in the restaurant was variable but they tried! Little irks, having to pay for a safe and a fridge, no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Amazingly, there were the "book a sun lounger at dawn brigade", although there were always more than enough loungers to go around, sad people! Guest services were very helpful, if you want anything done, speak to them -not reception. Playa Blanca was an easy 30 minute stroll along the sea front, there were a couple of supermarkets within a 15 minutes walk. Wine, spirits and cigarettes in the supermarkets were much,much cheaper than the BAA Duty Free, wait until you get to Lanzarote before you buy. Cigarettes approx £9/200, Grouse whisky about £9/litre. The spa was ....sort of working, the steam room was out of commission the whole time we were there. A really relaxing hotel, but I'm duious whether I would return, there are better winter sun locations than Lanzarote.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Thomson - Jan 2003

Opinion submitted in Feb 2003 by : Neil Simpson - Lochinver (48, 29, 6, 4) Resort Rating: Excellent Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: We flew out from Glasgow on 23rd Jan. and returned on 30th Jan. Flights in & out were fine - however there were only 2 check-in desks for our return flight from Lanzarote, all the other tour operators had much faster check-ins, we had to queue for at least an hour. However, that's about the only bad thing I can say about our holiday - it was excellent. Our 2 boys loved the Kids Club and the girls running it were really good. The Kids Club runs from 10:30 - 12:30 and 15:00 to 17:00 or thereabouts. Every evening, the Kids Club have a short "disco" type of thing from about 8:45 till about 9:45, at which they present diplomas to all the kids who have attended the events that day. These (12 of them in total)are treasured possessions! The hotel, staff, food, service, rooms, location, weather and entertainment were really excellent. We had a beach front roomroom where we could walk directly onto a tiny little beach. Apart from the check-in at Lanzarote which I've already mentioned, the only other way of improving this holiday would be to go with an alternative tour operator - Thomson reps were practically non-existent, omly turning up on Monday after we'd already been there four days. Playa Blanca is a nice little place where we spent an afternoon in a beach side bar while the boys built sandcastles on the beach. We also did 2 trips, one in a submarine (the location escapes me but your tour operator can advise you) and one a trip in a glass bottom boat from Playa Blanca - the crew even let the boys have a go driving. Both trips, especially the submarine, were brilliant. All in all, a first class holiday. Just one other thing, we were originally booked into the Lanzarote Princess but when we arrived, they didn't have a booking for us and it was them who transferred us to the Rubicon -another black mark for Thomson. We'd go back tomorrow, but not with Thomson!
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Direct Travel - January 2003

Opinion submitted in Feb 2003 by : Tom & Nancy Newton Aycliffe 69,68 Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: Staff,accomodation,food,service excellent only 3 overcast days out of 14 not bad for January Although temperatures werein the high 70`s the pools were bitter cold perhaps because the main pools are not static Beware if buying digital cameras etc Dont part with any cash till you have examined and tried the goods suffice to say I was done That said I purchased a digital camera for £88 a saving of £56 at UK prices Dont expect too much in the way of entertainment you wont get it We mixed well with couples from Sunderland,Hereford,Cologne,Italy and the Netherlands Dont be reserved Say good morning or Hello it costs nothing
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Security Travel - December 2002

Opinion submitted in Jan 2003 by : Alan Coombes - St Albans (58,57,40,32,2) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: Wonderfully designed hotel, spacious rooms, lots of entertainment if you want it. Caters for all age groups and everyone was happy. The staff at the gym/helath & leisure facility could learn a thing or two about customer relations and smile occasionally, but the other staff, particularly in the restaurants, were very good indeed. Reception seemed undermanned at times, with phones ringing and people seeking assistance at the same time and only 2 people manning the desk. The food was incredible, yes INCREDIBLE. Without doubt the best I have ever had and we have had over 70 holidays abroad in the last 20 years. we therefore have a lot to compare it with and this was THE BEST-----widest choice you will ever see, and a group of chefs who obviously know what they are doing. I cannot stress too strongly how good the eating was. Lots of pool space. You could join in the main hub of things around the main pool, or finf a quiet spot, and a sunbed, at one of the other quieter pools. There is not much outside the hotel unless you take a taxi ride into Playa Blanca itself, but as the hotel is a resort on its own, you don't have to go outside the complex until that sad day when you have to fly back to the english winter ! Ugh ! One final comment. The design of the hotel is excellent, but the build quality does not allow for rainly weather. We had 2 days of torrential rain and despite being only a year old, the building sprung a number of leaks, including room 2036 which was ours. Once the weather returned to the sunshine variety, things dried out pretty quickly and were soon back to normal. All in all, a good holiday, good value for money and a great time was had by all. Would we go back ?? Of course we would.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: My travel - December 2002

Opinion submitted in Dec 2002 by : Annabel and William Benson - Manchester (28, 28) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Very Good My/Our Holiday Opinion: Playa Blanca is a relatively small resort right on the south coast of Lanzarote with a great view of neighbouring Fuerteventura. As a resort Playa Blanca had a number of plus points for us namely that it was quiet and not overly developed unlike other resorts in Lanzarote. There are a couple of nice beaches in and around Playa Blanca - Playa Flamingo which is very small but fairly crowded and then Playa Blanca beaches which are larger. The sea is freezing cold however in December and not many people were swimming. A short drive from Playa Blanca is a series of very small and nice beaches call Papagayo again although the water is crystal clear and inviting it is freezing cold. You will need a car however to get to Papagayo beaches and you have to drive down a rough dirt track - there's an entrance fee of about £3 to get to the Papagayo beaches but it's well worth it. Playa Blanca also has a small harbour with two ferries that run an hourly service to Fuerteventura which makes a good day trip -£8 for a one way adult single. There are some nice shops around Playa Blanca and some good restaurants with some really nice seafood - quite a few grumpy waiters around however. On the downside Playa Blanca is VERY VERY QUIET and nightlife is pretty much non-existent. The Rubicon Palace is a very new and incredibly clean hotel directly situated between a volcano and the sea. Unlike other resorts it feels like it has a bit of character to it - it's not just one huge block with identical rooms and balconies but a series of different blocks and small villas with some pretty landscaped gardens, a couple of different swimming pools, a huge three storey main block with a beautiful Spanish courtyard leading into the main block. There's also an indoor swimming pool/hydrotherapy centre area with a lovely heated swimming pool with jacuzzis, saunas, steam room and a seawater section. This costs £9 however but is well worth it for a bit of pampering and relaxation - this was a great escape for us to as the weather wasn't particularly good all week. We had a large room with a good size bathroom and a nice balcony facing towards Playa Blanca and again with great views of Fuerteventura. There are two large nice looking restaurants to choose from offering a wide variety of choice for both breakfast and evening meals. We didn't experience any queues at all in the restaurant but the hotel did seem to be largely empty when we were there. The choice of food is excellent and pretty much every taste is catered for. I couldn't fault breakfast at all - you can have everything from full English or continental through to beautiful fresh fruit, pastries and even smoked salmon and champagne. Evening meals were however a disappointment - again there's an incredible number of choices but I found that the quality of the food in particular the hot choices and desserts was actually sub restaurant standard. I think that instead of cooking 10-15 low quality hot dishes they would be better off concentrating on 4-5 but making the quality significantly better. There was a great reasonably priced wine list with a wide range of choice and I found that the staff in the restaurant are fantastic - very helpful and pleasant. There's a nice bar over the swimming pools that serves nice cheap lunches and drinks and there's an "English pub" which has a good happy hour between 5-6 every night. The main drawbacks to the Rubicon Palace are that it's a very big hotel and getting around it seems to take an age. The outdoor swimming pools are freezing - I saw less than 10 people get into them all week - this is a real shame as a swimming pool is normally the focal point of most hotels I've been to - the hotel seems to have done nothing to sort this out and judging by the comments from other people who have posted it's freezing cold in summer too. The hotel is also considerable distance from Playa Blanca and it takes at least 40 minutes to walk there - although there is a seafront path leading all the way into Playa Blanca. There is a free bus from the Rubicon to the other H10 hotel, Lanzarote Princess, but it doesn't run often enough. A taxi costs into Playa Blanca costs about £2. It is a very quiet hotel too - the little nighttime entertainment provided is fairly limited and not all that entertaining and I don't feel that this holiday is that suitable for families with kids because there's nothing to do there except lounge around and the kids that I did see there looked pretty bored particularly as the pools are so cold so swimming is more or less out - I never saw any evidence of a kids club either. We also found that the reception staff weren't particularly that helpful and could be quite surly when they wanted. One night we missed dinner and tried to order some food from room service. My advice to you is don't bother. The staff answering the phone at room service don't speak any English - it took nearly two hours for anything to turn up during which time we had to phone reception to chase it up. When it arrived it was all cold and to top it off two horrible sandwiches and cold coffees cost £15. Overall it is a very nice, clean attractive hotel but it's very quiet so if you are looking for a little bit more than just sunning yourself or any kind of nightlife this isn't the place to come. If on the other hand you want to lounge by the pool but not swim and just generally relax then it's great. I won't be going back because it's much quieter than I'd expected but I would definitely recommend it to others who want to escape for a week.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Thompson Dec 2002

Opinion submitted in Dec 2002 by : Clare and Steven Darlington (31,37) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: Our first impressions of Lanzarote as we drove to the resort on the bus were "Oh My God" where have we come to. The landscape is very barren and vast areas around Playa Blanca are covered in Lava. Once we arrived at the hotel things began to look up. It is very clean and tidy and we were shown to our room which was spacious and pleasant. We opted for the Sea View and this was well worth the money. We had the use of 2 restaurants with our HalfBoard accomodation, the food is extremely good and you can have as much as you like. The staff were all very friendly and polite. Handy tips..... The free bus on the hour every hour to Playa Blanca centre where you can stock up on water and snacks etc ( there is only 1 shop in the hotel and this is vey small and expensive) To walk to the shops and centre (approx 3o mins )take the beach path Taxis back to the hotel are only 3 Euros The pool with the waterfall infront of the restaurant is heated slightly There is a sandy beach you will come across on the beach path...walk to the end where the fishermen are and you can see large fish in the very clear water
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Cosmos October 2002

Opinion submitted in Nov 2002 by : Kim Rudge - Dudley (68,68,43,37,8,6) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: On arriving at the hotel we were very impressed with the reception area, after reading the previous reviews we expected quite a wait to be shown our rooms, but we were taken to them within 5 minutes. The rooms were lovely and the rest of the hotel was great. We expected to see queues at the bars and at meal times in the dining room but we never experienced any. The food was lovely there was a very good variety and the waiters were friendly. The pools were all great and there were plenty of sunbeds whatever time of the day you wanted them. The entertainment staff worked very hard day and night I don't know where they got all their energy from especially Rafael who never seemed to have any time off (nice bum by the way). It would have been nice if there had been a supermarket closer for water and such but saying that it was a nice walk across the front to get to one (about 20 mins). All in all a lovely holiday and I'm sure we will return in a year or two.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: My Travel (Airtours) September 2002

Opinion submitted in Oct 2002 by : Kelly Ashe - Isle of Man Resort Rating: Excellent Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: This place is amazing. The hotel is beautiful, the weather is fantastic, the food is wonderful and the wine is £1 a bottle - what more could a girl ask for?! My boyfriend and I headed out here on a last minute deal and we're not really quite sure what to expect, but this place really is beyond our expectations. We are only currently half way through our holiday and I am writing this review in the hotel's internet cafe in an attempt to escape from the hot sun for a couple of minutes! I'm sure you already know about the five swimming pools, and the restaurants etc etc...you can get all that from the brochure. I want to tell you about all those 'hidden' extras, and believe me this hotel caters for everything...free pool towels (meaning more suitcase space for those all important clothes!), extensive library (meaning more suitcase space as you don't have to bring books yourself), pool tables, arcade, shop, free cabaret evenings where you get to watch some 'interesting' sketches performed. You really wont have a spare minute. I'd like to recommend a small, but beautiful beach just down the coastal footpath too; Playa Flamingo. White sand, crystal clear calm water (thanks to a breakwater)...you really can swim with the fishes! And that's high praise coming form me because I don't even like beaches (too sandy!! Prefer a pool). The restaurants around the cove also serve really tasty food too. I hope this has put your minds at rest if you have booked to come here, or persuaded you to come if you are thinking about it. I would recommend it to anyone!
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: pegase july 2002

Opinion submitted in May 2003 by : caroline van mol-ludo(24,32) Resort Rating: Average Accommodation Rating: Good My/Our Holiday Opinion: We have stayed at the rubicon palace for a week in July and the wheater was so bad that we haven't been in the pool for an entire week. If you want to be sure about having sun,I suggest going to the other part of the island. We thought we had booked a luxury holiday with a fantastic all inclusive formulla, but it was rather dissapointing. I would not recoment the all inclusive. Allthough we didn't have a nice holiday, I think this is a fine hotel to go to when you have kids. The quality of the food is fine and the rooms are nice aswell. But they do need to work on the service, that was not worth 4 stars at all!!! So if you expect to be spoiled on your holiday, do not book this hotel. If you are looking for a nice hotel for a familyholiday, it is fine.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Independant traveller - July 2002

Opinion submitted in Aug 2002 by : Peter Jackson - Peterborough (44,43,17,15) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: This was our fourth time in Playa Blanca but first stay at the Rubicon Palace. We had an idea of what to expect having looked around the outside of the complex last year but were more than pleased with what we actually found. The hotel is spacious, tasteful and very very clean, as were both the rooms that our party occupied. We've read in previous posts about this hotel that people were of the opinion that the staff left a bit to be desired, but all four of us would strongly disagree with this sentiment. It is true that few of the waiting/bar staff speak english but we found that if you were pleasant and attempted to communicate with them that they were extremely friendly and helpful. Infact, with a few of the waiting staff we actually ended up on first name terms at the end of our fortnight stay. The entertainment staff do work extremely hard but they did seem to favour the spanish guests, which were in the majority during our stay. Having said that, I don't wish to take away from their commitment and ability. Some of the evening cabarets were outstanding. The weather left us slightly disappointed but we understand that this has just been a bad year in Lanzarote, infact we have had much better weather ourselves the previous three years. We have already booked to go again next year, I think it would be hard to better the quality of food, accommodation and service given at the hotel.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: JMC - June 2002

Opinion submitted in July 2002 by : Zoe Firth - Barnsley (23, 36) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: We booked our 2 week holiday in Playa Blanca because we have very busy lives which involve a lot of late nights and socialising - we wanted peace, calm and total relaxation. We wanted excellent accomodation in a scenic location with good food and drink. That is exactly what we got. We were astounded by the very beautiful Rubicon Palace - it is the one of the cleanest best-kept hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms were amazing - although we were a bit dissapointed that we had to pay extra for facilities like hire of the mini bar and safety deposit box, they had been advertised in the brochure as inclusive. The food was the best part of our holiday! Children and adults alike could enjoy a vast range of beautifully prepared dishes that tasted delicious - the choice was unbelievable. Breakfast had options like champagne, fruits, cheeses, breads, meats, juices: and then cooked breakfasts with a choice of various sausages, different bacons, eggs cooked in any fashion...I could go on forever. Evening meals consisted of theme nights - one night we had a Chinese banquet with BBQ spare ribs, rices, noodles, sweet n sour dishes; the next night was Tex Mex with Tacos, Fajitas, Enchiladas and Chilli. Drinks weren't overly expensive either - around £3.50 for a champagne cocktail, around £1.50 for a glass of good wine. Choice of venues made a huge difference to our holiday too - sometimes we got dolled up and spent an evening in the Piano Bar, other times we would watch shows in the Disco Bar, other nights we would go to the English pub in our jeans. We are quite a young couple and we didn't feel it necessary to leave the hotel at all, day or night. Obviously we walked into town a couple of times and were greeted with a pleasant little harbour and numerous shops and pubs - most of the shops selling fake handbags, etc, but at least in the pubs you could get cider (not available at the Rubicon!). I imagine it would have been a busy little centre at night but as I say, we were so satisfied with our hotel that we rarely ventured out. We did go on an Island Highlights tour which I highly recommend. You get to visit Timanfaya - the national park and wonder over the vast and bizarre volcanic landscape. We also got to take a camel ride whilst there which was great fun! The tour took us to the quaint village of Yaiza and through numerous other towns and villages. We visited one of the many vineyards for wine tasting and went to see a cave that has a unique sea water lagoon inside that is the only place in the world where blind albino crabs can be found. It is a tiring day but well worth it if you like to get a taste of how people live in other places. During our stay I was disappointed with the weather. It was overcast and cloudy for a lot of the holiday and the wind sometimes kept us awake at night. It was always hot but I like to see clear blue skies and seas - something that wasn't available 100% of the time. That could have been the time of year though, my partner has visited the island previously and says it is one of the hottest places he has been, so don't let that put you off. The Rubicon Palace was the highlight of the holiday and although the bar staff are particularly slow and laid back, waiting ten or fifteen minutes for a drink doesn't make the staff rude or impolite. I would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone who needs a completely relaxing holiday.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Cosmos - June 2002

Opinion submitted in July 2002 by : Lee (32), Michelle (30), Jake (2) Southampton Resort Rating: Average Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: Fantastic Hotel Complex - One of the best we have stayed in. Everything is so clean and tidy. The bedroom was very spacious with all of the Hotel Staff there to help you. There are loads of separate swimming pools and plenty of sun beds all around the various pools. There are 2 childrens playgrounds and pools for the children which keeps them occupied. Lots of activities happening if you want to get involved but these happen away from the pool areas so it is not in your face if you want peace and quiet. We did not experience any problems with queues for meals etc and the food was fantastic - loads of choice both for Breakfast and Evening meal. One point Gentlemen must wear Long Trousers for dinner!!! The beach is about 30 minutes walk away, it is man made but well worth walking down there along the costal path with great views across the water. The resort is about another 15 minutes away and to be honest we only went during the day and it was very quiet with not a lot going on. There are a few English Bars for the football etc but thats about it. We stayed at the hotel where Jake enjoyed the mini disco and the caberet wasn't bad for us!!! All in all a fantastic hotel with everything you need there, although it is a bit of a walk if you want to go out and about.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: My Travel - May 2002

Opinion submitted in July 2002 by : Terry Lavelle - Nottingham (43,40,18,9,3) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Very Good My/Our Holiday Opinion: The hotel looks fantastic and is very clean and well run, however i found it to be a little to big and the eating experience to be a little bit like being in a canteen, the other thing is that it is permantly windy. Overall i enjoyed my week here but i personally wouldn't return.I don't want to put people of as my wife and children really enjoyed themselves it's just that personally I don't like such big places.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: security travel april 2002 Submitted in May 2002 by : E Wright Birmingham 38,36,9,7. Resort Rating: Average Accommodation Rating: Average Holiday Review: We had high expectations of this hotel prior to our arrival after reading some previous reviews.We were disappointed with the holiday. The hotel is very impressive to look at but has a severe shortage of staff in all public areasi.e.reception,restaurants and bars.It was extremely difficult to purchase drinks,sometimes it may take 30 minutes to get served.It would be quite difficult to have too many drinks!!!not that we wanted to. Food in the restaurants was excellent however very poor waiter service.Tables were not cleared of plates and it was very difficult to order drinks. Swimming pools--glorious to look at, all 5 of them but absolutely freezing and not at all pleasant to swim in. Childrens club was very poorly organised with poor supervision. We do feel that the hotel could be fantastic with some simple changes,this being mainly more staff and the heating of at least one of the swimming pools.Hopefully the management of the hotel will be addressing some of these issues shortly as we were not the only guests to feel this way.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Whitehall-March 2002 Submitted in May 2002 by : Kevin and Rochelle-Essex (36,35,2,1) Resort Rating: Excellent Accommodation Rating: Very Good Holiday Review: First impressions of the Rubicon are very good, the hotel is smart,spacious and very clean. Our accomodation, a suite, was spacious, comfortable and well located. The first day started well with a good buffet breakfast and ample choice around the pool in which to locate ourselves and the children. The pool-side/day-time activity staff were extremely helpful and the sun went down with high hopes. Unfortunately the evening/nightly ritual was to begin ! Eating early with the children avoided the queues but aside from the freshly cooked 'specials', the evening buffet was poorly presented, refreshed only occassionaly and usually luke warm at best. The restaurants were understaffed and terrible, surly service was the usual result. Attempting to order coffee or a drink in the lounge/bar was nigh on impossible and lost orders/incorrect bills usually followed one of the rare 'sucesses.' Laundry, the internet cafe and checking out were just some of the other farcical attempts at service we were subjected to by this hotel. Having stayed at the H10 Timanfaya Palace and the Lanzarote Princess before, we were extremely disappointed with the Rubicon. This was mainly because of the staff/service difficulties that we experienced and for that reason, would NEVER return to, or recommend this particular hotel.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Thomson March 2002 Submitted in April 2002 by : Moira and David Owen and Family (45,44,11) Resort Rating: Excellent Accommodation Rating: Excellent Holiday Review: First trip to the island. Lovely quiet resort, no good if you like lively night life. Entertainment mainly at the hotels. Could not fault the hotel. All was first class, location, staff, surroundings, cleanliness, food, entertainment, everything you could want is there. We only ventured out a couple of times. We can recommend the tour of the island doing the usual tourist sites. Half an hour walk to the resort centre along the front. Just enough bars and shops although we ate at the hotel, food was plentiful and good quality. You can borrow books and magazines and there is free towel hire. the Thomsons reps were good and it is worth going to the welcome meeting if you have not been to the resort before as they gave us some good tips. We would go back to this resort again and also to the hotel. It was everything that we wished for and more.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: First Choice - March 2002 Submitted in January 2002 by : Tony & Jacke - Stevenage (43,40) Resort Rating: Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: We booked to go to the Rubicon Palace before it had actually opened. The artists impression looked 'impressive'. We arrived and our eyes nearly popped out of our heads. What a hotel! Spacious, very clean, very friendly. We arrived and had a very short wait at reception, while we were waiting we were offered a glass of 'champagne' very nice thank you. We were allocated our room and a very smartly dressed 'porter' took our bags to a little van. We got in the van and was taken on a guided tour of the complex. He then took us to our room and carried the bags to the room. We went for some lunch, the food was outstanding. This was lunch time, I couldn't wait for the evening meal. There was so much variety, the restaurant was exceptional. There are two restaurants, both serving the same menu. So much to choose from so don't start a diet before you go!!! Breakfast, this was also something else, full cooked 'English' or continental, cereal, doughnuts, pancakes, omlettes cooked to order, so many different varieties of freshly squeezed fruit juice, fresh coissants, so much... The rooms - we were all inclusive, I don't know whether that makes a difference to the room you get, but our room was large, two DOUBLE sized beds,and a 3ft put up bed (if needed), TV, telephone, safe (charged), fridge (charged), bathroom with shower, bidet, toilet, basin, hairdryer. Very clean. Facilities - different entertainment each night, very good shows. Entertainment staff worked very hard. Daily entertainment if you can prize yourself away from the many swimming pools. Sunbeds and umbrella's were plentiful, also foam cushions to place on the sunbeds for comfort. You get given a ticket when you book in to go and get a towel for the side of the pool. You can change these daily or hourly! It is quite windy in Lanzarote, so don't let it fool you that the sun does not burn, it DOES! There is also a 'book library', quite handy, you only need take one book and exchange for another when you've finished. We had maid service 7 days a week, towels changed every other day. Playa Blanca - there is a nice walk way next to the hotel that takes you into Playa Blanca. It is approximately 3 miles, it is a nice walk, but it is a distance. I didn't think much to the shops, but they were OK for your little gifts, cheap ciggies and drink. To sum up this hotel. FANTASTIC, BRILLIANT, OUTSTANDING. We will be going back again and again and again.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Direct/April 2002 Submitted in April 2002 by : Mr.& Mrs.Howard-London-55 & 59 Resort Rating: Excellent Accommodation Rating: Very Good Holiday Review: Rubicon Palace is more like a huge holiday complex than an hotel, rooms are built in blocks of four and are spread out over a vast area. depending on the location of your room it can be quite a walk to reception/dining rooms etc.No so good for the less mobile as one elderly couple discovered when it was lashing with rain one night and they were unable to get over to main block for their evening meal as man was very slow on his feet. Having said that,rooms were huge as were the bathrooms,very clean and nicely furnished.Maid service was good,but not enough of them and often we went back to room 3-4pm and were either not done or they had just arrived-frustrating when you want a siesta! Two dining rooms serving a huge variety of food but mostly luke warm and could be a bit of a "bun fight" due to large no. of guests. Main problem being desperate shortage of staff-two waiters had to take orders for and serve drinks,clean tables and relay for next guests. Consequently large queues formed outside dining rooms every meal time-waiting time for a table could take an hour,no matter at what time you arrived at. Piano bar and entertainment room suffered badly from shortage of experienced staff.Once again the wait for drinks to be served was unacceptable,either by waiter service or trying to get one yourself at the bar. Entertainment was the usual run of the mill,flamenco dancers etc.Far too much time was taking up with giving out daily certificates for the varied activities that had taken place,and to hear it all repeated in three or four different languages every time was too much!!! Staff were generally very inexperienced and unable to understand the most basic of English questions,obviously had no training as such and were quite ineffecient.Reception staff were surly,unhelpful and really quite rude-check in was a nightmare. All in all we would deffinately not go back to the Rubicon-too big and impersonal for our liking. But it was our 7th visit to Playa Blanca which we love.Nothing in the way of night life-but a lovely walk along the seafront and lots of nice little bars and restaurants to while away the hours in peace. A bit of building work going on in the area,we hope that they don't spoil the place as the beauty of it is that it is small and quiet.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Direct - 28 February 2002 Submitted in March 2002 by : John Burwell - Doncaster (62,59) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: We booked direct with the hotel HB (20% discount) and saved a considerable amount. We were able to upgrade to a Palace room and the total cost was still cheaper than a basic room with Thompsons. Our flight from Newcastle with JMC wasn't too bad, a 757 which was a bit cramped. The return flight was terrible as we had the worst seats on the plane, in front of the toilets, no room to move or recline the seats. Row 30 and the back row on a 757- AVIOD! Our transfers were by taxi, 30 Euros incl. tip each way. The trip to the hotel was hair raising to say the least. The taxi's speed was between 140 and 160 KPH all the way. The driver cursed and threw his hands in the air if anything delayed him, even other taxis. Hotel check-in was no problem as we were well ahead of the buses. One complaint was that there was no information about the Hotel issued at check-in. We assumed in would be in our room. Wrong. It transpired that they had run out of English information sheets at reception. It is well worth paying the extra for a Palace room. Wonderful sea view, towelling robes, daily newspaper of your choice, monster size bed and bottle of good quality Rioja with food and water on arrival. Unfortunately there are no beaches to speak of at this hotel. If you want good beaches then stay at the Timanfaya or Princess hotels. Breakfast was wonderful, freshly prepared fruit juices, sparkling wine if you needed a Bucks Fizz to get you going, delicious omelettes and pancakes and good coffee. Didn't have any tea as the water was never boiling. Vast array of fruits, cereals, cheeses, meats, breads etc. etc. Dinner was a good quality buffet with a large choice but as with all buffets it did get tired on occasions. Only complaint was that it tended to be over cooked, so if possible we ate the freshly prepared dish by the chef. Every dinner had a different theme with a speciality dish prepared by the attending chef. Freshly grilled steak and fish were available every night. Wine was reasonably priced, 10 Euros for a good Rioja. Nice relaxing music in the Piano Bar and very good entertainment from 22.00 on the stage. The hotel staff were nice and friendly and very helpful. We tried the Fitness Centre (12 Euros for hotel guests). Theraputic massage was ok at 43 Euros for one hour. Very good hotel, highly recommended. Weather wasn't brilliant. Had rain and a cold wind some days. Playa Blanca was 45 minutes walk on the promenade. Quiet resort with good beaches.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: First Choice - March 2002 Submitted in January 2002 by : Jackie Welsh - Stevenage ((40,43) Resort Rating: Good Accommodation Rating: Excellent My/Our Holiday Opinion: When we booked to go to this hotel it wasn't finished! We liked the sound of it though. We arrived on 7th March 2002 and our first impression of the hotel was one of pure delight. We had opted for the All Inclusive package. The transfer time from the airport was approximately 40 mins, that includes dropping off other people to their hotels. The scenery in Playa Blanca, whilst on the coach from the airport, is quite lovely, very picturesque. We arrived at the reception and it took our breath away, it was absolutely beautiful, you have to see it to believe it, water features, it is spectacular. We had to wait about 5 minutes to be seen, but while we were waiting we were offered champagne. We were then allocated our room. A very smartly dressed porter escorted us to a car/van. He took us on a little tour around the complex. Unfortunately, at the time, we didn't know what he was doing as he didn't speak English, but it turns out that they give you a guided tour before taking you to your room. We actually found this very helpful. He carried the cases up to the room. You have a card entry to your room, easier than keeping a key. The room was quite large we had two 'double' size beds and also a 3' pull-out chairbed. There was a television, although all channels apart from Sky News was foreign. You can pay for movie channels. There was a big bathroom with bath, shower, sink, toilet and bidet. Ample storage space. We had maid service every day and our towels were changed everyday! There is a fridge in the room but you have to hire the key. You also have a safe in the room, also for hire. You get complimentary shower gels, sewing kits, shoe polishers, soaps etc. Our room overlooked the sea and across to Fuerteventura, wonderful. The complex itself if fairly large, but manageable. There are ramps for pushchairs and wheelchairs. The grounds are kept spotless, even as far as each day someone clears the dead heads off the flowers! The sunbeds are washed down every day. The pools, there are about 5 of them, big ones and small ones, some with waterfalls, these are no deeper that 1m 7. Each big pool also has a children's pool with it. The pools are not heated, so were cold! It did not put people off though. There is daily activities, we didn't partake, but they have rifle shooting, archery, petanga (boules), Merangee (dancing lessons). Each day someone comes to give diving/snorkel lessons, these are free. There are pool tables round the swimming pool area and also pool tables inside the hotel. There is an indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym etc, but these are an extra and you have to pay. There is also a 'book library' for swops or borrowing for the time you are there, you can also get board games to play (free of charge). There are ample sunbeds and umbrella's. The umbrella's are screwed to the floor, but there are lots. We were told the hotel was fully booked, but there was so much room. There were sunbeds available at 11.00 a.m. so there was no need to 'save' the beds whilst you had breakfast. When you book in you are given little cards to change for towels to use by the pool, you may change these towels as often as you like. Breakfast is served from 7.30 - 10.30 a.m. Lunch is 1.00 - 3.00 p.m. and dinner 6.00 - 10.00 p.m. The food in this hotel is spectacular. Every taste catered for. They had themed evenings i.e. chinese, mexican, italian, canarian etc so they cooked those as an extra to what they usually have out. It is vast! With breakfast you could have champagne and or bucksfizz!!! I did, and it was very refreshing. You could also have snacks, but we found we didn't need to. The drinks are the usual locally produced beer and spirits. You could have different brands and pay for them. Entertainment. This hotel is big. There are two restaurants, both serving the same buffet. There is a Piano bar, for a gentle relaxing evening listening to piano music and live singing. There is also a bar for the evening entertainment. I personally thought the shows were very good, there was a Brazillian dance act, Flamenco, Magician, 'Cats' musical etc, the entertainment staff did speak all languages as the hotel had Dutch, German, Italian, English, Spanish, Swedish, French etc. The piano bar is open all day. The entertainment bar is open from 8.00 p.m. you have the children's mini disco from 8.30 - 9.30 ish and then the 'adult' entertainment from 10.00 - 11.00p.m. and then a disco until you've had enough. The staff work very hard. There are not any shops close by to this hotel, but there is a lovely walkway along the sea front that goes into Playa Blanca itself. We did this walk, and to get to the shops it took approx 20 mins. Hotel staff will book you a taxi to take you into Playa Blanca at anytime of the day or night. I have one very important thing to say. It is quite windy in Lanzarote. Sometimes the wind can be quite chilly, but don't let this fool you into thinking that the sun is not strong. I made the mistake of sunbathing without suitable protection because it was windy and quite chilly and overcast, and I thought I would be okay, I did use sunscreen, but I laid in the sun for a lot longer than I usually would if it was very hot. I woke the next day with a swollen face and swollen hands where they were badly burnt, I was in a lot of pain. So please take care of babies and small children and don't make the same mistake as I did! To sum this hotel up, it is very clean, very friendly, very beautiful and we will definitely be coming back again very soon.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Thomson - Date Not Specified - 2002

Opinion submitted in Aug 2002 by : Tony Wegner 34 Debbie Wegner 34 Sophie 10 Newcastle Upon Tyne Resort Rating: Poor Accommodation Rating: Below Average My/Our Holiday Opinion: We had been looking forward to this hotel for quite a while, as we were to meet up with a family whom we had met 2 years previously in Gran Canaria. They had stayed in Playa Blanca before at the Tinmanfaya which is part of the same H10 chain, and we had been to Lanzarote twice before to some very nice hotels. Therefore when we arrived and saw its exquisite decor, palatial surroundings and a pretty good sized well equipped room, we were more than happy. However, after a couple of days we each in turn had bad stomachs and the unpleasantness that goes with it. Upon closer observation, we noted the following. The plates, glasses and cuttlery in the main restaurant were often unclean. The poolside restaurant was infested with flies in the seating area and the kitchen....where we saw food on the floor amongst dirty dishes. We saw people being sick in the main toilets, and children not being able to get to the toilet quickly enough. The room was infested with ants. We thought the room was flooding one morning...but it was just the gardeners who were hosing down the outside area and brushing the excess water under our door. They thought it was a joke when we confronted them...as did the maid who was also present. The service in the restaurant was abysmal. Long queues, uncleared tables, and you could die of thirst while ordering drinks let alone the time they took to come once ordered. In the onsite pub, there was little chance of a drink let alone getting drunk. Typical with all areas of the hotel, the service was unbelievably slow. They must be losing a fortune on the drinks not purchased.The barman was seen coming out of the toilets with a cleaning cloth, which was then used to wipe the bar, the tables....and the glasses ! I could go on....but after one week of a two week holiday, we all came home. We had to pay for the flight, which we could only get to Manchester, and as we had flown out from Newcastle, we had to get a taxi home.....that's how desperate we were to avoid real illness. We are in pursuit of compensation.
Rubicon Palace - Playa Blanca Operator and Date: Independent/ Thomson Flight Submitted in January 2002 by : Jo, Lloyd and Oliver (37,34,7) Resort Rating: Very Good Accommodation Rating: Very Good My/Our Holiday Opinion: We have just returned from Lanzarote having spent the New Year in H10's newest hotel on the island "Rubicon Palace" The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the airport and as we booked the hotel independentely, we got a taxi outside the airport. Don't be tempted to book transfers with the tour operator if you are travelling independently, taxis are reasonably priced, reliable, and easy to come by.They do however, drive very fast. On arrival at the hotel, I have to say we were extremely overwhelmed by the decor. Marble, glass, water and tropical plants in the foyer. Checking in was time consuming but involved an in depth explanation of the facilities on offer. The room was clean with pleasant on suite facilities and a balcony overlooking the pools. It was quite a long walk to get to the main hotel block, and took us seveal days to find our bearings in the maze of corridors. I would not advise people with mobility limitations to go here as a result of the set up. We were on a half board basis and breakfasts were lovely, providing a variety of cooked and continental options,aswell as cereal and fruits. (Take your own teabags if you don't like weak tea!)The evening buffet had a system of rotating themes i.e italian,mexican,chinese. In all honesty, I found it hard to differentiate as to the evening's theme, as the food did not vary much. It was well presented, and palatable, but very salty. We did not eat out in the evening as the hotel is about 2 kilometres from Playa Blanca. Entertainment in the hotel starts at 10 a.m it includes Archery,rifle shooting,bingo and dance classes. There is something for every-one and the staff are brilliant. My only critisism is that each event is only half an hour in length. Just as you are starting to enjoy yourself, it is over. Our son attended th mini-club on a few occasions. The staff appear to be competant, kind and well trained. They also do a mini disco between 9p.m and 10 p.m. Children are very welcome in this hotel and can stay up to watch the adult show which starts a 10p.m. This is usually a dance, magic, or variety act. It is a bit like a classy Butlins in feel.The disco consists of alot of Spanish and Latin music, the entertainment staff do their best to get clients up to try out their newly learnt Merengue and Salsa steps. Whilst we were there, we had a terrific rain-storm which ended up with many of the rooms flooding. I gather weather like this is not that common. Nevertheless, if you suffered that for 4-5 days it would be rather unpleasant. On the sight there is a new indoor pool and Turkish bath area. It is for adults only. We did visit this for the afternoon and enjoyed it greatly. It does cost about £8-9 each (a bit pricey). The outdoor pools felt too cold to get into at this time of year. The only people using them were young children. I,m sure they are very refreshing in warmer weather. On the whole, we loved the hotel and the area it was in. If you want a frantic place with loads of nightlife-don't go here. If you want a quiet clean pleasant accomadation, and are prepared to hire a car, or use a taxi, then it's well worth it.

Re: que pasa con el foro
Enviado por: esther ()
Fecha: 11-July-2003 14:00

en el mismo foro donde fondetestas ha encontrado en ingles comentarios sobre el Rubicon vienen muy buenas opiniones del h10 paradise island, aunque bien es cierto que son ingleses y alemanes los que hacen estas opiniones y el turismo espa√Īol somos mas exigentes quizas en cuanto a comidas y actividades. Espero que alguien nos conteste cuanto antes. Un saludo.

Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

LanzaroteIsland.com no se hace responsable del contenido de los mensajes del foro. Las opiniones vertidas pertenecen a los autores de los mensajes, no a las de LanzaroteIsland.com, y no podemos responder de su veracidad, exactitud, o utilidad.

Foro de Lanzarote por Phorum